CSNSW Remembrance Day
Corrective Service NSW Remembrance Day commemorates the lives of staff who died while serving and acknowledges the dangerous and challenging work officers do every day.
CSNSW Remembrance Day also provides an opportunity to remember those who passed away after retiring.
CSNSW Remembrance Day is held on the fourth Friday in November.
In memory of those who died on duty
- Henry Kingsmill Abbott at Parramatta in 1842
- Thomas Craig at Berrima in 1862
- Officer John Carroll at Braidwood in 1867
- George Spinks at Windsor in 1869
- John Sutherland Brown at Cootamundra in 1908
- Alan Cooper at Bathurst in 1958
- Albert Hedges at Berrima in 1959
- Cecil Mills at Emu Plains in 1959
- Willy Karl Faber at Parramatta in 1978
- John Colin Mewburn at Long Bay in 1979
- Geoffrey Pearce OAM at Long Bay in 1997
- Wayne Harold Smith at Silverwater in 2007